Are we going on an adventure?

Friday, November 2, 2012

Katy's Day Ten and Eleven

Saga of the Sweet Potato Chips.

I managed to make about 30 Sweet Potato Chips in the microwave.  Easy and so tasty.  My propensity is to burn them however.  If I literally look away for 5 seconds at the crucial moment they'll burn.  So frustrating because I'll wait and wait and then suddenly I distractingly think I should put that dish in the sink and BAM...burned chips.  So I tried them in the food dehydrator.  The food dehydrator slowly did its magic and suddenly I have trays of beautiful sweet potato chips.  They are crispy, curly and disgusting.  Seriously?!  I guess Sweet Potato Chips have to be cooked a certain amount and the dehydrator just didn't cut it.  I attempted to transfer them to the oven which didn't save them.  Still beautiful but gross.  So now I've gotten better and using the microwave.  I just have to carefully watch and pull them out the second...seriously...the second they turn slightly brown.  Success to some degree because my friend Lamia and I managed to eat Sweet Potato Chips and guacamole!  Woot woot.

Back to eating Whole30 style.  Day Ten/Thursday I had Pumpkin Pancakes for breakfast, half an avocado and hard boiled eggs for lunch and more Pumpkin Pancakes for dinner (I'm obsessed).  I had my dried fruit and nuts for snacks.  Day Eleven/Friday I had Pumpkin Pancakes for breakfast and lunch (I made a huge batch Thursday night) and Sun Dried Tomato Meatballs for dinner with steamed peppers, onions and zucchini.   Then a mid Jazz game snack of Sweet Potato Chips and guacamole.

Oh Jazz.  Favorite lines of the night: "Officer Favors is here to SERVE and Protect!" and the "Baby-Faced Assassin" referring of course to Don Hayward.  Now if only we could have pulled through and won.  

No comments:

Post a Comment