Are we going on an adventure?

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Katy's Day Eight and Nine

Happy Halloween!  I want some candy.

This was one of the hardest days just because of the candy everywhere!!  I was thinking about Laura Ingalls Wilder and how excited they would get about fruit and frozen maple syrup.  It's the overexposure I have to candy and processed foods.  My roommate has a nutty bar in a cupboard which everyday I open and remember the satisfying crunch, the chocolate and peanut butter.  Which leads me to think about Little Debbie (a former best friend) and her Swiss Cake Rolls.  Put them in the freezer....mmm.  And all the Reeses around.  Yikes.

Anyway.  Wendy and I stashed a few pieces of candy for after Thanksgiving :) 

Day Eight I had a green monster for breakfast, and asparagus with sunny side up eggs for dinner.  Delish.  I added a little olive oil and fresh cracked black pepper...mmmm.  For lunch I was supposed to have Chicken Bacon Alfredo but I just couldn't bring myself to eat it again.  Still yummy...I was just over it :)  I had the usual nuts, dried apples, etc for snacks.  I made Sweet Potato Chips however I think the microwave doesn't cook evenly because the outside chips burned and the inside weren't cooked completely.  So it's back to the dehydrator!!

Day Nine I had a green monster for breakfast, leftover asparagus and eggs for lunch and Pumpkin Pancakes for dinner.  Side note: Next time I'm at the grocery store I need more cinnamon.  I accidentally burned dried bananas by not turning them off in time...lame.  During the day I snacked on dried apples and pistachios.

No comments:

Post a Comment